Sunday, August 19, 2007

I love being a librarian.

After being absent online for almost a year, I thought I would post and tell anyone who still checks this blog or bloglines how I'm doing. I'm actually doing GREAT and I'm so FINALLY sooooooo happy! I work 2 part time jobs: one as a part-time librarian, and the other as archivist 12 hours a week. I am going to the SAA conference next week, and I have decided I am going to blog about it and add another chapter in my life. I am very lucky. In the last six months that I have been employed after library school I have learned so much. Most importantly, I have learned that in library school I have learned only a fraction of what librarianship has to offer, and my charge is to learn more! Librarianship really means life-long learning, and that's what I love about my job. I love becoming interested in topics I would have never thought about before someone asked how they'd go about finding it. I love helping people. This has increased my confidence and has giving my life meaning--something that while I was a student I think I still *had*, but it's become more clear to me what my purpose is on this earth, and I'm very ecstatic about that. Lastly, I ACTUALLY READ NOW. Honestly, throughout undergraduate and graduate work, I hardly read any leisure books. I have read almost 6 books this year and for that I am proud. Being a librarian has taught me how to read. And think. And think about how to solve problems.

Thanks so much to everyone who has helped me get to where I am. I am so happy that I've gotten to where I need to be ;). Is anyone else going to SAA?
gwyn!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home